My Guide Website?
Plovdiv: Small Group Day Tour20 Reviews
Travel by shuttlle from Sofia to visit the oldest town in Europe. See the sights of Plovdiv dating from the Roman, Byzantine and Ottoman periods.
- Enjoy a tour of historic Plovdiv, and visit its Roman monuments
- Discover the beauty of Bulgarian Revival architecture
- Learn more about Bulgarian history in the oldest town in Europe
DescriptionDepart Sofia in the morning for a full-day excursion to Plovdiv, the second-largest city in Bulgaria and one of the oldest towns in the world. Learn about the history of Plovidiv, dating back to Troya and Mycenae. During a 2 to 3-hour walk in the old town, discover the history and the culture of the 7,000-year-old settlement from its Roman, Byzantine, and Ottoman periods to the present day. Admire the museums, churches, historic monuments, revival period houses, souvenir shops and cobblestone streets. See the Ethnographic Museum and the well-preserved ruins of the ancient Roman Theater.
IncludesGuided tour Transportation
- The tour is available in English
- Excursion duration: 8 hours