My Guide Website?
Vratsa Karst Nature Park & Caves One-Day Tour with Hike1 Reviews
Discover the beautiful Vratsa Mountains Nature Park on a one-day trip. Hike along forests, explore caves and picnic near stunning waterfalls.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bucharest: Small Group Day Trip to Medieval Bulgaria
- Sofia: Museum of Socialist Art and Buzludzha Monument Tour
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Sofia: Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Day Trip
- Belogradchik: Hot-air Balloon Flight over Belogradchik Rocks
- See one of the most beautiful caves in Bulgaria
- Explore the best of Vratsa Karst Nature Park in one day
- Marvel at spectacular sights of the Balkan mountains
DescriptionExplore the best of Vratsa Karst Nature Park in one day. An early transfer will take you to Zgorigrad village passing by the rock phenomenon Vratsata and further to the beginning of the beautiful and thrilling eco-trail of Borov Kamak waterfall (50m high). Climb up wooden ladders and steps in the pristine valley full of small waterfalls and cascades. On the way up to the waterfall, cross the river on wooden bridges just above the rapids, climb up rocky steep sections on massive wooden ladders and enjoy great views of Borov kamak waterfall from below and then above. Enjoy a picnic lunch at the top and descend on a nice beech forest path with great panoramic views to Zgorigrad village and Vratsa Mountains. After the hike you will be transferred to the sinister cave Ledenika where mother nature has made a masterpiece of an enchanting underground world. It is 320 meters long and its name comes from the icy stalagmites formed at the entrance in winter time and early spring. With its stunning cave formations Ledenika is one of the most beautiful show caves in Bulgaria and the habitat of the endemic beetle Fagomycetes ledenicus or 'the light hater'. This hiking trail is especially recommended for spring, when is the best time to enjoy the turbulent waters of the waterfall and the icy structures inside the Ledenika Cave. The local tour operator, Traventuria, was awarded a “Business Which Supports Biodiversity” certification by the Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation for its “Tours with a Cause” initiative.
IncludesReturn transfer from Sofia to trail head in Vratsa Mountains English-speaking mountain guide throughout the tour Entrance fee to Ledenika Cave
- Food: if you have forgotten to take a lunch pack or a sandwich with you, you can have lunch in one of the small restaurants in the area. The menu is limited though: soups (lentils, beans), grilled meat, and some basic meals
- Please carry extra cash for lunch
- Entrance fee to Ledenika Cave is included in the ticket price
- Meals, beverages, personal expenses, and gratuities are not included in the ticket price
- Difficulty: this walking route is moderately arduous, with individual brief paths featuring steep inclines; adventurous parts occur (wooden bridges, narrow stages in the cave etc.) and need more attention. Please bring along comfortable hiking boots. Sandals and flip-flops are not accepted. Rain jackets might be useful in summer as heavy showers sometimes occur in the afternoons. The floor inside the cave is very slippery and the temperature is about 8 degrees Celsius