My Guide Website?
Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa Full-Day Tour from Sofia131 Reviews
Discover the cities of Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa on this full-day tour from Sofia. The amusing mixture of traditions, culture, and architectural masterpieces are a must-see for every culture-hungry traveler.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit two of the most frequented tourist towns in Bulgaria in just one day
- Explore Plovdiv, one of the oldest continuously inhabited towns in Europe
- Enjoy some free time to shop for souvenirs and eat lunch in Plovdiv
- Travel to Koprivshtitsa in the heart of the Sredna Gora mountain range
- Admire the traditional 19th-century archaeological delights of the town
DescriptionA 2-hour drive from Sofia will take you to the city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria’s second largest city and one of its oldest towns. Within 2-3 hours of walking along the city, you will discover the history and culture behind a 7000-year old settlement, written by the Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, and Bulgarian civilizations. You can enjoy sightseeing in the Old Town with its museums, historical monuments, revival period houses, lined with souvenir shops cobbled streets or get impressed by the rich Ethnographical Museum and the ancient Roman Theater. Feel the atmosphere of this artistic and trades center and enjoy a lunch at the local restaurants. The next stop on your way back is the charming town of Koprivshtitsa with its fascinating history and authentic 19th-century architecture. Spend the rest of the day in the leisure of this small and picturesque city situated in central Bulgaria, spread amongst the slopes of the Sredna Gora Mountains, which carry a specific spirit of tranquillity and eternity. Once a scene of battles for the liberation of Bulgaria, now the city is turned into a museum of the Revival Period of Bulgaria. Here you can visit the homes of some of the most eminent Bulgarians, writers, and rebels, and admire the vast collections of ethnographical treasures, including ancient weapons, intricate national costumes, and stunning jewelry. The tour is offered as well with ONLINE, cloud-based audio guide in different languages (EN, ES, IT, FR, DE, RU). INTERNET required to download and use. The local tour operator, Traventuria, was awarded a “Business Which Supports Biodiversity” certification by the Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation for its “Tours with a Cause” initiative.
IncludesTransportation Parking fees Driver/guide (if option selected) Multilingual audio guide (if option selected)
- The entrance fee to Plovdiv Ethnographic Museum is LV 5 (€2.50)
- The entrance fee to the Roman Theater is LV 5 (€2.50)
- The entrance fee to all the museum houses in Koprivshtitsa is LV 5 (€2.50)
- This tour is not suitable for disabled persons.
- Children under the age of 6 years old will not be permitted on this tour