My Guide Website?
Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa Full-Day Tour from Sofia25 Reviews
Discover the cities of Plovdiv and Koprivshtitsa on this full-day tour from Sofia. The amusing mixture of traditions, culture, and architectural masterpieces are a must-see for every culture-hungry traveler.
- Visit two of the most frequented tourist towns in Bulgaria in just one day
- Admire the traditional 19th-century architecture
- Visit one of the oldest continuously inhabited towns in Europe - Plovdiv
- Enjoy some free time to shop and eat lunch in Plovdiv
- Explore Plovdiv's archaeological delights
- Enjoy a guided walk in the Revival-period Koprvishtitsa
DescriptionA 2-hour drive from Sofia will take you to the city of Plovdiv, Bulgaria’s second largest city and one of its oldest towns. Within 2-3 hours of walking along the city, you will discover the history and culture behind a 7000-year old settlement, written by the Roman, Byzantine, Ottoman, and Bulgarian civilizations. You can enjoy sightseeing in the Old Town with its museums, historical monuments, revival period houses, lined with souvenir shops cobbled streets or get impressed by the rich Ethnographical Museum and the ancient Roman Theater. Feel the atmosphere of this artistic and trades center and enjoy a lunch at the local restaurants. Next stop on your way back is the charming town of Koprivshtitsa with its fascinating history and authentic 19th-century architecture. Spend the rest of the day in the leisure of this small and picturesque city situated in central Bulgaria, spread amongst the slopes of the Sredna Gora Mountains, that carries a specific spirit of tranquillity and eternity. Once a scene of battles for the liberation of Bulgaria, now the city is turned into a museum of the Revival Period of Bulgaria. Here you can visit the homes of some of the most eminent Bulgarians, writers and rebels, admire the vast collections of ethnographical treasures, including ancient weapons, intricate national costumes and stunning jewellery.
IncludesTransportation Parking fees English-speaking driver/guide Food and drinks Personal expenses Entrance fees (optional): Plovdiv's Ethnographic museum - LV 5 (€2.50), Roman Theater - LV 5 (€2.50), all the museum houses in Koprivshtitsa - LV 5 (€2.50)
- The entrance fee to Plovdiv Ethnographic Museum is LV 5 (€2.50)
- The entrance fee to the Roman Theater is LV 5 (€2.50)
- The entrance fee to all the museum houses in Koprivshtitsa is LV 5 (€2.50)
- This tour is not suitable for disabled persons.
- Children under the age of 6 years old will not be permitted on this tour
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now