My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Full-Day Tour to Rila Monastery and Boyana451 Reviews
Take advantage of this daily shuttle running between Sofia and 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. See the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church with hassle-free, affordable, and flexible round-trip transportation with a live guide.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Visit 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the course of one day
- Explore Bulgarian nature and countryside during a picturesque drive
- Discover the beautiful Rila Monastery and its surrounds
- See the elaborate frescoes of the Boyana Church
DescriptionSpend the day exploring 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites located outside of Sofia, Bulgaria's capital city. Begin by meeting with your local guide at behind St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral in Sofia who is ready to make the best of your day, sharing historical facts and insider tips. Sit back and relax for the next 2 hours as your English-speaking driver transportsyou to Rila. Upon arriving, spend 2 hours exploring the area and visiting the Rila Monastery, the largest and most famous Eastern Orthodox monastery in Bulgaria. Then enjoy lunch at a local restaurant that features a specialty of grilled trout. Hop back in the van for another 2-hour journey, eventually arriving at Boyana Church, a medieval Bulgarian Orthodox church on the outskirts of Sofia. Check out the elaborate frescoes that have made this site famous, before your tour returns you to your meeting point.
IncludesAir-conditioned vehicle English-speaking guide/driver Fuel Parking fees Audio guides in English, Spanish, Russian, German, and Italian
- The Rila Monastery Shuttle service is delivered in shared vehicles. When booking this service you agree to share the same vehicle with other travel customers.
- Please bring warm clothing and women should take care to have their shoulders and knees covered
- Please be aware that the tour will not include Boyana Church during Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve