My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Full-Day Tour to Rila Monastery and Boyana406 Reviews
Take advantage of this daily shuttle running between Sofia and 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites. See the Rila Monastery and Boyana Church with hassle-free, affordable, and flexible round-trip transportation with a live guide.
- Visit 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites in the course of one day
- Rest assured the shuttle will get you where you need to be
- Enjoy your trip with friendly English-speaking drivers and comfortable air-conditioned vehicles
DescriptionSpend the day exploring 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites located outside of Sofia, Bulgaria's capital city. Begin by meeting at 9:00 behind St. Alexander Nevski Cathedral in Sofia. Sit back and relax for the next 2 hours as your friendly, English-speaking drivers transport you to Rila. Upon arriving, spend 2 hours exploring the area and visiting the Rila Monastery, the largest and most famous Eastern Orthodox monastery in Bulgaria. Then enjoy lunch at a local restaurant which features a specialty of grilled trout. Get back in the van for another 2-hour journey, eventually arriving at Boyana Church, a medieval Bulgarian Orthodox church on the outskirts of Sofia. Check out the elaborate frescoes that have made this site famous, before your tour returns you to your meeting point.
IncludesAir-conditioned vehicle English-speaking guide/driver Fuel Parking fees Audio guides in English, Spanish, Russian, German, and Italian
- The Rila Monastery Shuttle service is delivered in shared vehicles. When booking this service you agree to share the same vehicle with other travel customers.
- Please bring warm clothing and women should take care to have their shoulders and knees covered
- Please be aware that the tour will not include Boyana Church during Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Eve