My Guide Website?
Haramiiska Cave is located in the Trigrad Gorge, about 100 km from Plovdiv and 210 km from Sofia. It lies in a hill opposite the Dyavolskoto Garlo (Devil's Throat) Cave and comprises of 2 separate caves connected by a 40+ m deep bell-shaped abyss.
This is one of the few caves where you exit from a place different from the one you came through. The narrow cave passages and beautiful rock formations as well as the breathtaking trail through the woods and along the abyss on the way back, all add up to shape a memorable experience spiced with adrenaline and love for nature. A visit to the Haramiiska Cave involves hiking, rock climbing, crawling and descending in the pitch. The drop in the pitch is probably the most exciting part of the tour though some say that it is rather the walk back from the exit to the starting point which is the most dramatic.
Generally, however, a visit to the Haramiiska Cave requires a little bit of courage, a little bit of physical strength and a lot of enthusiasm, after all it is a place where one encounters the most natural human fears - of darkness, height and tight spaces. Rest assured - guides are experienced and highly trained, groups are small, mountaineering and caving equipments are provided, so take a deep breath and give it a go. Due to safety regulations unguided visits are not permitted.
Follow a few recommendations:
1. Call to book in advance - the weather must be good and the group must be of 6 to 10 max in order to proceed with the tour.
2. Visitors should be in a good physical condition.
3. Wear comfortable clothes (cotton, fleece, long legs, long sleeves), clothing that covers the body, minimizes friction and allows free movement.
4. Wear suitable comfortable shoes.
5. Bring with you a headlamp (flashlight), water, snacks (chocolate, nuts, dried fruit, sandwiches) - the tour takes 3 to 5 hours depending on the group's size and abilities.
Contact Haramiiska Cave
Haramiiska Cave, Trigrad, TrigradView Larger Map