Best Outdoor Activities in Bansko
Local Recommendations from our My Guide Bulgaria team
Lovers of the great outdoors and extreme sports will be pleasantly surprised by the huge variety of outdoor activities they can pick from when visiting Bulgaria.
The country's mountains are great for skiing and snowboarding in the snowy season and also for hiking, climbing, mountain biking and paragliding, whenever the weather conditions are suitable. The fast-flowing rivers are perfect for rafting and kayaking, while the tall bridges around the country are known as the best spots for bungee jumps. Oh, and let's not forget the seaside: it provides excellent opportunities for wind- and kitesurfing, snorkelling, diving… and swimming, of course.
Book Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bucharest: Small Group Day Trip to Medieval Bulgaria
- Sofia: Museum of Socialist Art and Buzludzha Monument Tour
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Sofia: Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Day Trip
- Belogradchik: Hot-air Balloon Flight over Belogradchik Rocks