My Guide Website?
Sofia: Small Group Walking Tour41 Reviews
Discover the highlights of Sofia on a small group walking tour, and journey through almost 10,000 years of history to learn more about the capital of Bulgaria. Visit the Roman ruins of Serdika and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sofia: Plovdiv, Asen's Fortress and Bachkovo Monastery
- Bansko: Rare Bulgarian Pets Experience
- From Sofia: Private Day Trip to Melnik and Rupite
- From Borovets: Thermal Pool Escape
- From Sofia: Day Trip to Plovdiv by Van with Guide Options
- See the sights of Sofia on a small group walking tour
- Learn the history of Serdika at the remains of the East Gate
- Encounter onion-domed churches and relics of the communist era
DescriptionJourney through almost 8000 years of history on a guided walking tour of Sofia, and learn how the city sits on land that has been settled over the centuries by Thracians, Romans, Bulgarians and more. Marvel at its well-preserved monuments and outstanding sights, such as the East Gate of the Serdika ruins from Roman times. Walk through the underpass connecting the Presidential Palace and Ministerial Council to encounter shops selling traditional souvenirs and rosewater. The tour covers all major sites as: Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Saint Sofia Basilica, Saint George Rotunda, the hot springs, the national theater, and others. Experience the city's laid-back charm as you explore streets scattered with mosques and impressive onion-domed churches.
- Please wear comfortable shoes and bring your camera • Please note that this tour involves a lot of walking