My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Rila Monastery Shuttle Day Trip145 Reviews
Enjoy a day in the mountains with a roundtrip transfer from Sofia. Discover and explore the most famous Bulgarian UNESCO site - the RIla Monastery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sofia: Kosovo and North Macedonia 2-Day Tour
- From Obzor: Half-Day Black Sea Catamaran Cruise
- Varna Gourmet Tour including Wine Tasting
- From Sofia: Belogradchik Rocks Full-Day Tour
- Bansko: Rare Bulgarian Pets Experience
- Discover Rila Monastery, the largest Bulgarian monastery complex
- Learn more about the history of the landmarks
- Spend a great day in the Rila Mountain
- Use the opportunity to try some of the famous local troat fish or 'mekitsa'
DescriptionImportant note: on the 31st of December the tour will be with meeting time 9:15 and departutre time 9:30! The meeting point for the tour is at the parking lot, behind saint Alexander Nevsky Cathedral - please be there at 8:45. The departure is at 9:00. The arrrival at the monastery is at about 11:00. The Rila Moanstery is the biggest and most famous and important Bulgarian one, remarkable for its frescoes, history and architecture. There, you will have some time to refresh and then, depending on the booked option - to have a tour with an English - speaking live guide (about 40 - 45 minutes) or to explore the monastery on your own pace with the self - guided option. Then, you will have free time approximately to 14:15, during which you can visit the monastery museums, take photos, check the shops and have a lunch break in the nearby restaurants. You can also do a short walk at some of the paths near the monastery. The return in the city center is approximatelly at 4:30 - 5 pm.
IncludesTrip to Rila Monastery Transportation with a comfortable air-conditioned vehicle English-speaking guide or driver (depending on the option you booked) Parking fees
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately • Please note, women should have their knees and shoulders covered in the monastery