My Guide Website?
Sofia: Private Rila Lakes and Rila Monastery Day-Trip5 Reviews
Venture outside of Sofia and experience two amazing places in one day. You will begin with the Rila Lakes, atop Rila Mountain, before then discovering the UNESCO heritage listed Rila Monastery.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Obzor: Half-Day Black Sea Catamaran Cruise
- Belogradchik Rocks and Fortress from Sofia
- From Sofia: Kosovo and North Macedonia 2-Day Tour
- From Sofia: Day Trip to Belogradchik Rocks and Venetsa cave
- Enjoy a hiking break in the mountains
- Relax in a natural atmosphere
- See the marvelous Rila Lakes
- Have a break from the noise of the big city
- Visit the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO heritage sight
DescriptionYour tour will begin at 7:30AM in the morning, at which point your guide will pick you up from your accommodation in Sofia before you embark on your 1.5-hour journey to the Seven Rila Lakes. From the mountain village of Panichishte, you will take a cable car to the area of the lakes. All seven of them are individually titled, with names that reflect their typical shape or characteristics. The lakes are situated between 2,100 and 2,500-meters-above-sea-level. In winter, they are frozen over and covered in snow; in summer, once melted, they are a clear emerald green and are great for picnicking around. The hiking path around the lake is of moderate difficulty, and takes between 3-3.5 hours to complete. Please have in mind that since the tour combines two destinations, you will see 5 of the 7 lakes, so that you have time for the Rila Monastery as well. If you have forgotten to take a packed lunch or a sandwich with you, you will be able to take advantage of the meals on offer in the two huts on the way. In the afternoon you will also travel to the famous Rila Monastery, a UNESCO heritage sight, where you can admire its amazing frescoes and architecture. Your expected return to Sofia will be at approximately 7:30PM.
IncludesProfessional guide Transportation in a comfortable car Hotel pick-up and drop off Trip to the Seven Rila Lakes Walking tour around the lakes Trip to the Rila Monastery
- Please be well dressed for mountain conditions (it is a good idea to bring a jacket with you, even in the summer)