My Guide Website?
Rila Mountain Winter Day Trip1 Reviews
Feel the winter spirit and enjoy a refreshing day trip to Rila Mountain. Customize the tour and choose between several different options depending on your preferences including skiing, ski-doo, lift break, fortress visit or a spa afternoon.
- Feel the winter spirit in a mountain resort
- Visit Borovets, the oldest holiday resort in Bulgaria
- Enjoy a skiing or ski-doo trip
- See the restored mountain fortress of Tsari Mali Grad
- Enjoy a relaxing thermal spa afternoon
DescriptionStart the tour at 9 AM when the guide will pick you up from your hotel in Sofia and take you to the Rila Mountain. The transfer time to the mountain region is about an hour and a half. Choose between 2 of the 5 following options for activities: 1 or 2 hour ski-doo ride in Borovets; take the cabin lift in Borovets and enjoy the beautiful panoramic views; visit the restored fortress of Tsari Mali Grad, located on a hill near the village of Belchin; experience the afternoon skiing or snowboarding with a private teacher; enjoy a spa afternoon in the village of Sapareva Banya, famous for its hot thermal springs. Return to Sofia between 5 PM and 6 PM.
IncludesPrivate driver-guide Hotel pick up and drop off Transportation with a comfortable A/C car with free WiFi
- Tsari Mali Grad Fortress is closed on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Please dress appropriately for winter conditions
- For the spa, it is recommended to bring your own towels and flip flops
- The tour can be canceled in case of bad weather conditions
- For the skiing/snowboarding afternoon, it is possible to rent equipment in Borovets. A private teacher can be arranged on request - please note this option cannot be combined with other options since it takes the whole day
- Ski equipment can be rented for €12-16
- Please bring cash for additional expenses such as Lift ticket/card (€5-16), Ski-doo (€80-110), Tsari Mali Grad fortress ticket (€2), spa ticket (€8), and optional tips for the driver-guide