My Guide Website?
Plovdiv: 2-Hour Sightseeing Walking Tour7 Reviews
Explore the oldest living city in Europe, Plovdiv, with this guided 2-hour walking tour. Discover historical monuments including the Roman Stadium, the ancient theatre, the Djumaya Mosque, and the charming Old Town.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Walk along the narrow cobbled streets in the picturesque Old Town of Plovdiv
- Admire the panoramic view of the city from the Three Hills
- Stroll along the longest pedestrian street in Europe
- See the Roman theatre from the 2nd century
- Visit the Roman Stadium and Djumaya Mosque
- Explore the oldest living city in Europe and capital of culture for 2019
DescriptionOn this 2-hour sightseeing tour visit some of the most impressive sites in Plovdiv. Explore the Old Town, an architectural and historical reserve situated on the Three Hills. Here the picturesque houses of the Bulgarian National Revival period stand close to the ruins from antiquity and Bulgarian renaissance churches. On the tour see the Roman theater from the 2nd century, which has been restored and is now used today for different performances and festivals. Your walk continues down to the partly uncovered Roman Stadium and the 14th century Djumaya Mosque. At the end you will stroll along the long and lovely main pedestrian commercial street with many cafes and shops, where you can feel the unique laid back atmosphere of this spectacular city. After extensive reconstruction in 2014, the Plovdiv main pedestrian street is now the longest in Europe, dotted with many cafes and shops, where you can feel the unique and laid back atmosphere of the city.
- The walking tour may take between 2 and 2.5 hours depending on the group.