My Guide Website?
Day Trip to Bulgaria and Veliko Tarnovo from Bucharest
Explore the medieval capital of Bulgaria, Veliko Tarnovo, on a day trip from Bucharest. Visit the Tsarevets Fortress and St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery in the foothills of the Balkan Mountains.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Obzor: Half-Day Black Sea Catamaran Cruise
- Belogradchik Rocks and Fortress from Sofia
- From Sofia: Kosovo and North Macedonia 2-Day Tour
- From Sofia: Day Trip to Belogradchik Rocks and Venetsa cave
- Visit the St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, carved into a cliff and still inhabi
- Discover Veliko Tarnovo, the medieval capital of Bulgaria and home to the strong
- Admire the medieval architecture of Arbanasi village
DescriptionThis 12-hour excursion begins in the early morning with a pickup from your Bucharest accommodation followed by a drive to the foothills of the Balkan Mountains. Spend an enjoyable day discovering the impressive medieval settlement of Veliko Tarnovo. Veliko Tarnovo was the medieval capital of Bulgaria and is home of the Tsaravets Fortress, the strongest Bulgarian fortification of the Middle Ages. Your itinerary includes visits to the St. Dimitrie Basarabov Monastery, the only monastery in Bulgaria carved into a cliff that is still inhabited today and Arbanasi village, where the medieval architecture will transport you back a few centuries in time.
IncludesTotal Duration: 9 - 10 hours St. Dimitrii of Basarbovo Monastery, Basarbovo 7071 Bulgaria, 3 hours Veliko Tarnovo, Veliko Tarnovo, Veliko Tarnovo Province, 3 hours Arbanasi, Arbanasi, Veliko Tarnovo Province, 4 hours
- This activity requires a minimum of 2 participants. If this number is not reached, alternatives shall be made Children under 4-year-old cannot attend shared tours. Please contact the local partner for a private tour offer