My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Rila Lakes Self-guided Trek with Transfers23 Reviews
Explore the Rila Lakes with a guide or at your own pace, by using the chair-lift. Benefit from direct shared minibus transfers from Sofia to the Rila Lakes chair lift base station.
- Explore the Rila Lakes area in your own time
- Enjoy a direct transfer from Sofia to the Rila Lakes chair lift
- Travel comfortably in an air-conditioned minibus
- Depart from a central location in Sofia
- Get tips from professional local mountain guides
DescriptionChoose from a guided or self-guided tour option. Use a shared shuttle bus service which offers direct transportation from Sofia to the 7 Rila Lakes. The transfer starts with an early morning pick-up from centrally located meeting place in Sofia behind the Alexander Nevski Cathedral. Meet your driver/guide for a comfortable direct journey to the Rila National Park. Arrive at the parking of the chair lift around 09:00 AM. Enjoy some free time for a self-guided tour of the 7 Rila Lakes area or follow your friendly mountain guide for the best routes around the lakes. You have more than 6 hours to explore this beautiful part of Rila mountain. Leave the parking of the chair lift in the afternoon and arrive back in Sofia city around 5:30 PM at the original central departure location.
IncludesRound-trip shared transfer Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Licensed driver Mountain guide (depending on the tour option chosen)
- This trip involves a moderate to intensive amount of walking. Hiking experience is essential
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes suitable for mountain walking
- Sunscreen and sunglasses are strongly recommended
- This trip operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- Child/baby seats have to be requested in advance, at least 24 hours before travel date