The Seven Rila Lakes: Full-Day Tour from Sofia
Enjoy this exhilarating hike into the mountains near Sofia, and discover the picturesque Seven Rila Lakes. After a 90 minute drive to Panichishte, begin your trek and see why these glacial lakes are known as the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains.
Are you a business owner in Bulgaria?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Bulgaria.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the beautiful Seven Rila Lakes on this full-day hiking trip from Sofia
- Admire the picturesque landscape and take in the special energy of the Rila Mountains
- Enjoy all the benefits of a small group tour
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day trek into the Rila Mountains to explore the most picturesque area near Sofia and one of Bulgaria's most beautiful natural sites, the Seven Rila Lakes. This group of glacial lakes lies between 6,900 and 8,200 feet (2,100 and 2,500 meters) above sea level, surrounded by rugged peaks and deep valleys. Leaving from Sofia, you will drive for 90 minutes to reach the Panichishte resort area, where you board the chairlift to the Rila Lakes mountain hut. From here you will continue on foot to explore the landscape and its majestic blue pearls – the Eye, the Tear, the Kidney, the Twins, the Trefoil, the Fish Lake and the Lower Lake. The route is not difficult and can be altered on the spot depending on fitness levels or strength, following either more gentle routes or steeper gradients. Take your chance to explore the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains, the Seven Rila Lakes.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Meals Drinks Personal expenses Tips
- The weather in the region can be unpredictable, so please remember to bring warm clothes, sun lotion, sunglasses, a rain coat, a hat and comfortable shoes with good ankle support
- Price for a return chairlift ticket is 18 leva (€9) per person
- Kindly note, that availability of the tour depends on the weather conditions and the operation of the chairlift
- The terrain will be very wet and slippery and there will still be snow in the area. Walking in such conditions requires adequate equipment (good trekking boots, waterproof clothes and a warm layer beneath the jacket). The hike is demanding, so a good fitness level is also required. Keep in mind that some of the lakes may be covered in snow
- The tour can be canceled with a last minute notice (100% refund will be applied) due to harsh conditions or closure of the chairlift
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Wine Tasting Round-Trip in South-West Bulgaria
During this trip you will visit Sofia - the capital of Bulgaria, one of the oldest cities in Europe. See Roman remains, mineral springs, orthodox churches, museums, and aFrom BGN 549.38
Caves Tour of Saeva Dupka
Visit two of the most interesting caves in Bulgaria. This tour is suitable for children – the caves take you into a fairy world.1 ReviewsFrom BGN 97.89
From Sofia: Full-Day Plovdiv & Koprivshtitsa Private Trip
Discover two amazing places with one tour. See the hills of Plovdiv, its Roman Theater and Revival Old Town. Visit the charming mountain town of Koprivshtitsa and its col1 ReviewsFrom BGN 119.87
Veliko Tarnovo Walking Tour
Visit historical Veliko Tarnovo during a 3-hour walking tour. This sightseeing tour will reveal the best of the city's history and contemporary life.From BGN 279.69
Veliko Tarnovo & Arbanasi Full day tour
This unique medieval fortress was the capital of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom from 1185 to 1393.1 ReviewsFrom BGN 117.87
From Sofia: Full-Day Kayak in Lake Pancharevo w/ Lunch
Enjoy a perfect day in the great outdoors of Lake Pancharevo and try kayaking.From BGN 149.83
Sofia: Communist History Walking Tour
Step back in time and learn the communist history of Sofia on a walking tour with an English-speaking guide. Hear about everyday life during the days of communism and seeFrom BGN 83.91
- Best Seller
From Sofia: Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Tour
See 2 of Bulgaria's UNESCO World Heritage Sites on an exciting minibus tour from Sofia. Go to Rila Monastery and get breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. Then332 ReviewsFrom BGN 49.84
Half-Day Private Tour: Sofia, Boyana Church & History Museum
Enjoy a half-day private tour of the central part of Sofia, but also the Boyana Church, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and the National History Museum, situated at the fooFrom BGN 69.92
Full-Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo and Arbanassi
Enjoy a full day tour to Bulgaria's medieval capital Veliko Tarnavo and Arbanassi. Explore the sights and learn about the fascinating history.From BGN 119.87