The Seven Rila Lakes: Full-Day Tour from Sofia
Enjoy this exhilarating hike into the mountains near Sofia, and discover the picturesque Seven Rila Lakes. After a 90 minute drive to Panichishte, begin your trek and see why these glacial lakes are known as the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains.
Are you a business owner in Bulgaria?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Bulgaria.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the beautiful Seven Rila Lakes on this full-day hiking trip from Sofia
- Admire the picturesque landscape and take in the special energy of the Rila Mountains
- Enjoy all the benefits of a small group tour
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day trek into the Rila Mountains to explore the most picturesque area near Sofia and one of Bulgaria's most beautiful natural sites, the Seven Rila Lakes. This group of glacial lakes lies between 6,900 and 8,200 feet (2,100 and 2,500 meters) above sea level, surrounded by rugged peaks and deep valleys. Leaving from Sofia, you will drive for 90 minutes to reach the Panichishte resort area, where you board the chairlift to the Rila Lakes mountain hut. From here you will continue on foot to explore the landscape and its majestic blue pearls – the Eye, the Tear, the Kidney, the Twins, the Trefoil, the Fish Lake and the Lower Lake. The route is not difficult and can be altered on the spot depending on fitness levels or strength, following either more gentle routes or steeper gradients. Take your chance to explore the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains, the Seven Rila Lakes.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Meals Drinks Personal expenses Tips
- The weather in the region can be unpredictable, so please remember to bring warm clothes, sun lotion, sunglasses, a rain coat, a hat and comfortable shoes with good ankle support
- Price for a return chairlift ticket is 18 leva (€9) per person
- Kindly note, that availability of the tour depends on the weather conditions and the operation of the chairlift
- The terrain will be very wet and slippery and there will still be snow in the area. Walking in such conditions requires adequate equipment (good trekking boots, waterproof clothes and a warm layer beneath the jacket). The hike is demanding, so a good fitness level is also required. Keep in mind that some of the lakes may be covered in snow
- The tour can be canceled with a last minute notice (100% refund will be applied) due to harsh conditions or closure of the chairlift
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Sofia: Eyes of God, Saeva Dupka & Blue Ostrich Day-Trip
If you are into caves and natural wonders, this tour is just for you! Travel to the lesser known parts of Bulgaria, and get the chance to see some of the most beautiful BFrom BGN 89.90
Private Hiking Tour to the Stob Pyramids and Rila Monastery
Combine a trip to the Rila Monastery, a UNESCO heritage site, with hiking in the area. You will have the chance to explore the monastery and to go around for hiking in th1 ReviewsFrom BGN 109.88
- Best Seller
From Sunny Beach: Strandzha Mountains Safari & Boat Trip
Experience an amazing adventure tour through the Strandzha Mountains and see the Thracian megalithic temple Beglik Tash. Discover a traditional village in the National Pa21 ReviewsFrom BGN 117.87
- Best Seller
Nis City Tour: Full-Day Trip from Sofia
Visit Nis, one of the oldest cities in Europe and long considered a gateway between the East and the West. You’ll enjoy scenic views on the drive from Sofia. Explore th15 ReviewsFrom BGN 117.87
Full-Day Tour to Rila Monastery and Melnik
Explore the highlights of southwest Bulgaria in just one day with your experienced guide. Visit Rila Monastery and spend time in the town of Melnik.4 ReviewsFrom BGN 119.87
Wine Tasting Weekend Break in Thracian Lands
Do not miss to spend an unforgettable weekend full of wine from the Thracians! This ancient people are famous for their skils in making unique wine. Learn about the tradiFrom BGN 465.48
Rila Monastery and Boyana Church: Small Group Tour
During this full-day tour you will visit Rila Monastery and Boyana Church –both of which are part of UNESCO world heritage list.1 ReviewsFrom BGN 77.91
Rila Monastery & Boyana Church - 2 World Heritage Sites
Take a drive to the Rila Monastery a UNESCO World Heritage Site is considered the highest achievement of Bulgarian monumental architecture of the National Revival period.From BGN 58.68
- Best Seller
Varna Gourmet Tour including Wine Tasting
Experience a Varna Gourmet Tour and enjoy various wine and food tastings.From BGN 117.87
From Sofia: Rila Monastery Full-Day Tour
Stroll under the beautiful painted arcades and arches of Bulgaria's largest Eastern Orthodox monastery on Rila Mountain. The ancient religious center is home to a church2 ReviewsFrom BGN 179.80