The Seven Rila Lakes: Full-Day Tour from Sofia
Enjoy this exhilarating hike into the mountains near Sofia, and discover the picturesque Seven Rila Lakes. After a 90 minute drive to Panichishte, begin your trek and see why these glacial lakes are known as the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains.
Are you a business owner in Bulgaria?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Bulgaria.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the beautiful Seven Rila Lakes on this full-day hiking trip from Sofia
- Admire the picturesque landscape and take in the special energy of the Rila Mountains
- Enjoy all the benefits of a small group tour
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day trek into the Rila Mountains to explore the most picturesque area near Sofia and one of Bulgaria's most beautiful natural sites, the Seven Rila Lakes. This group of glacial lakes lies between 6,900 and 8,200 feet (2,100 and 2,500 meters) above sea level, surrounded by rugged peaks and deep valleys. Leaving from Sofia, you will drive for 90 minutes to reach the Panichishte resort area, where you board the chairlift to the Rila Lakes mountain hut. From here you will continue on foot to explore the landscape and its majestic blue pearls – the Eye, the Tear, the Kidney, the Twins, the Trefoil, the Fish Lake and the Lower Lake. The route is not difficult and can be altered on the spot depending on fitness levels or strength, following either more gentle routes or steeper gradients. Take your chance to explore the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains, the Seven Rila Lakes.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Meals Drinks Personal expenses Tips
- The weather in the region can be unpredictable, so please remember to bring warm clothes, sun lotion, sunglasses, a rain coat, a hat and comfortable shoes with good ankle support
- Price for a return chairlift ticket is 18 leva (€9) per person
- Kindly note, that availability of the tour depends on the weather conditions and the operation of the chairlift
- The terrain will be very wet and slippery and there will still be snow in the area. Walking in such conditions requires adequate equipment (good trekking boots, waterproof clothes and a warm layer beneath the jacket). The hike is demanding, so a good fitness level is also required. Keep in mind that some of the lakes may be covered in snow
- The tour can be canceled with a last minute notice (100% refund will be applied) due to harsh conditions or closure of the chairlift
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
Rose Valley Tour at Kazanlak
On this scenic road tour of the Valley of the Thracian Kings you will observe Shipka Memorial church, 2 UNESCO Thracian Tombs and the Ethnographic complex 'Damascena'.2 ReviewsFrom BGN 137.84
Sofia: Small Group Walking Tour
Discover the highlights of Sofia on a small group walking tour, and journey through almost 10,000 years of history to learn more about the capital of Bulgaria. Visit the18 ReviewsFrom BGN 29.97
Rila Monastery Wine Tasting Tour
Visit the most popular UNESCO site in Bulgarianand taste specially selected wines from a nearby winery. This tour will impress you with scenic roads, amazing wines and on1 ReviewsFrom BGN 117.87
Seven Rila Lakes & Rila Monastery Full-Day Tour
Combine a visit to Rila Monastery with a trek through the natural wonders of the Rila Mountains. Enjoy a hike of the 7 Rila Lakes of the Panichishte region, before explor9 ReviewsFrom BGN 114.37
Sofia, Plovdiv, and The Rose Valley in 2 Days
During this two day tour, you will explore the capital Sofia, one of the must-see places Plovdiv, and the Rose Valley famous for its rose growing industry.From BGN 369.58
Day Tour from Sofia to Skopje, Macedonia
During this full-day tour from Sofia, visit the capital of Macedonia, the city of Skopje. Explore both in the old and the new parts of the city, enjoying the beauty and l9 ReviewsFrom BGN 139.84
From Sofia: Private Transfer to Bucharest
Choose an easy and reliable private transfer between Sofia and Otopeni (OTP) Airport or Bucharest or vice versa.From BGN 537.40
Highlights of Sofia: The History and Heritage of Bulgaria
Experience the allure of Sofia on a fascinating tour highlighting the historical, architectural, and cultural facets, and spirit of Bulgaria's capital. See famous churche3 ReviewsFrom BGN 149.83
- Best Seller
Sunny Beach: Action Aquapark Entrance Ticket
Visit one of the biggest water parks in Bulgaria, offering a plethora of water attractions. Enjoy all of slides, swimming pools and play areas on a wet and wild day of fu28 ReviewsFrom BGN 32.20
Sofia Self-Guided Audio Tour
Enjoy the best of Sofia at your pace! Visit the most interesting sights of the ancient capital and learn everything about them from the voice of a professional guide and5 ReviewsFrom BGN 20.98