The Seven Rila Lakes: Full-Day Tour from Sofia
Enjoy this exhilarating hike into the mountains near Sofia, and discover the picturesque Seven Rila Lakes. After a 90 minute drive to Panichishte, begin your trek and see why these glacial lakes are known as the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains.
Are you a business owner in Bulgaria?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Bulgaria.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the beautiful Seven Rila Lakes on this full-day hiking trip from Sofia
- Admire the picturesque landscape and take in the special energy of the Rila Mountains
- Enjoy all the benefits of a small group tour
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day trek into the Rila Mountains to explore the most picturesque area near Sofia and one of Bulgaria's most beautiful natural sites, the Seven Rila Lakes. This group of glacial lakes lies between 6,900 and 8,200 feet (2,100 and 2,500 meters) above sea level, surrounded by rugged peaks and deep valleys. Leaving from Sofia, you will drive for 90 minutes to reach the Panichishte resort area, where you board the chairlift to the Rila Lakes mountain hut. From here you will continue on foot to explore the landscape and its majestic blue pearls – the Eye, the Tear, the Kidney, the Twins, the Trefoil, the Fish Lake and the Lower Lake. The route is not difficult and can be altered on the spot depending on fitness levels or strength, following either more gentle routes or steeper gradients. Take your chance to explore the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains, the Seven Rila Lakes.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Meals Drinks Personal expenses Tips
- The weather in the region can be unpredictable, so please remember to bring warm clothes, sun lotion, sunglasses, a rain coat, a hat and comfortable shoes with good ankle support
- Price for a return chairlift ticket is 18 leva (€9) per person
- Kindly note, that availability of the tour depends on the weather conditions and the operation of the chairlift
- The terrain will be very wet and slippery and there will still be snow in the area. Walking in such conditions requires adequate equipment (good trekking boots, waterproof clothes and a warm layer beneath the jacket). The hike is demanding, so a good fitness level is also required. Keep in mind that some of the lakes may be covered in snow
- The tour can be canceled with a last minute notice (100% refund will be applied) due to harsh conditions or closure of the chairlift
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
From Sofia: Rose Festival Full-Day Tour
Join the most popular and visited festival in Bulgaria. Well-known for its production of rose oil essence, the Thracian valley hosts people from all over the world to celFrom BGN 117.87
From Sofia: Full-Day Plovdiv & Koprivshtitsa Private Trip
Discover two amazing places with one tour. See the hills of Plovdiv, its Roman Theater and Revival Old Town. Visit the charming mountain town of Koprivshtitsa and its col1 ReviewsFrom BGN 119.87
From Sofia: Snowshoe Hike on Vitosha Mountain
Get back to nature on the Vitosha mountain massif on the outskirts of Sofia and hike through the snow using snowshoes. Benefit from the services of an English-speaking gu3 ReviewsFrom BGN 77.91
From Sofia: Boyana Church and Poganovo Monastery Tour
Look inside the magnificent Orthodox Boyana Church on the outskirts of Sofia, and then cross the border to visit the medieval Poganovo Monastery in Serbia.1 ReviewsFrom BGN 137.84
Pernik: Surva Festival
Kukeri or Surva festival is a very loud and absolutely colourful event and tradition in Pernik, a city near the capital of Bulgaria, Sofia.From BGN 57.93
Starosel Thracian Temple and Hissar Spa Resort Day Tour
Discover Thracian temple-tombs that are more than 2,500 years olds near the village of Starosel. Visit the peaceful spa town of Hissar, famed for its hot mineral springs,3 ReviewsFrom BGN 73.92
Sofia: 3-Hour Culture Tour
Travel to interesting places in Sofia and immerse yourself in the local customs and traditions on a 3-hour cultural tour. Step into the shoes of a local Bulgarian, and exFrom BGN 23.97
Sofia: Struma River Rafting Tour
Experience a wonderful adventure and see some of the very beautiful nature in Bulgaria. 2 hours outside of Sofia, you will travel to the Struma River gorge where you willFrom BGN 97.89
Sofia: Seven Rila Lakes Snowshoe Walk & Thermal Spring Pools
Experience dramatic landscapes and breathtaking alpine sceneries, centuries old pine forests, rugged mountain peaks and deep relaxation in thermal spas all within a winte1 Reviews
Rila Monastery and Boyana Church: Small Group Tour
During this full-day tour you will visit Rila Monastery and Boyana Church –both of which are part of UNESCO world heritage list.1 ReviewsFrom BGN 77.91