The Seven Rila Lakes: Full-Day Tour from Sofia
Enjoy this exhilarating hike into the mountains near Sofia, and discover the picturesque Seven Rila Lakes. After a 90 minute drive to Panichishte, begin your trek and see why these glacial lakes are known as the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains.
Are you a business owner in Bulgaria?
Promote your business 365 days a year with the #1 Guide to Bulgaria.
- Gain MAXIMUM EXPOSURE with a 'Dedicated Business Profile'
- Visit the beautiful Seven Rila Lakes on this full-day hiking trip from Sofia
- Admire the picturesque landscape and take in the special energy of the Rila Mountains
- Enjoy all the benefits of a small group tour
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day trek into the Rila Mountains to explore the most picturesque area near Sofia and one of Bulgaria's most beautiful natural sites, the Seven Rila Lakes. This group of glacial lakes lies between 6,900 and 8,200 feet (2,100 and 2,500 meters) above sea level, surrounded by rugged peaks and deep valleys. Leaving from Sofia, you will drive for 90 minutes to reach the Panichishte resort area, where you board the chairlift to the Rila Lakes mountain hut. From here you will continue on foot to explore the landscape and its majestic blue pearls – the Eye, the Tear, the Kidney, the Twins, the Trefoil, the Fish Lake and the Lower Lake. The route is not difficult and can be altered on the spot depending on fitness levels or strength, following either more gentle routes or steeper gradients. Take your chance to explore the Blue Pearls of the Rila Mountains, the Seven Rila Lakes.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Meals Drinks Personal expenses Tips
- The weather in the region can be unpredictable, so please remember to bring warm clothes, sun lotion, sunglasses, a rain coat, a hat and comfortable shoes with good ankle support
- Price for a return chairlift ticket is 18 leva (€9) per person
- Kindly note, that availability of the tour depends on the weather conditions and the operation of the chairlift
- The terrain will be very wet and slippery and there will still be snow in the area. Walking in such conditions requires adequate equipment (good trekking boots, waterproof clothes and a warm layer beneath the jacket). The hike is demanding, so a good fitness level is also required. Keep in mind that some of the lakes may be covered in snow
- The tour can be canceled with a last minute notice (100% refund will be applied) due to harsh conditions or closure of the chairlift
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
You may also like
- Best Seller
Varna Gourmet Tour including Wine Tasting
Experience a Varna Gourmet Tour and enjoy various wine and food tastings.From BGN 117.87
Sofia: Communist Walking Tour
Find out what it was like on the eastern side of the Iron Curtain in Sofia by joining our Communist tour. Discover a 45-year-long period compressed into an informative 3-From BGN 21.98
Sofia: Communist History Walking Tour
Step back in time and learn the communist history of Sofia on a walking tour with an English-speaking guide. Hear about everyday life during the days of communism and seeFrom BGN 83.91
From Sofia: Full-Day Krushuna Waterfalls & Devetashka Cave
This tour is an excellent opportunity for a full-day escape from the city to the refreshing Krushuna Waterfalls and Devetashka cave.1 ReviewsFrom BGN 99.89
Airport transfer to Sofia Hotel
Enjoy professional transportation services for transfer between Sofia Airport and your hotel/accommodation in Sofia. Our English speaking staff will assist, ensuring hass2 ReviewsFrom BGN 47.95
- Best Seller
Koprivshtitsa Day Trip
Explore the charming mountain town of Koprivshtitsa.1 ReviewsFrom BGN 79.91
The 7 Rila Lakes: Full-Day Guided Hike from Plovdiv
Located above the tree line in Rila National Park, the 7 Rila Lakes area is the most popular trekking destination in Bulgaria. Marvel at the outstanding natural beauty ofFrom BGN 97.89
Veliko Tarnovo Walking Tour
Visit historical Veliko Tarnovo during a 3-hour walking tour. This sightseeing tour will reveal the best of the city's history and contemporary life.From BGN 279.69
Varna-Aladzha Monastery-Balchik-Kaliakra Cape Tour
Explore Bulgaria’s spectacular Black Sea coast and countryside on a full-day trip to Cape Kaliakra, Aladzha Monastery, and Balchik from Varna. Travel by comfortable, luFrom BGN 277.69
Sofia: Museum of Socialist Art Guided Tour
Join this tour and discover the museum of socialist art with a guided tour and a short movie at the museum.From BGN 89.90