My Guide Website?
Varna: Self-Guided Retro Museum Tour1 Reviews
Pay a visit to Varna’s unique Retro Museum and Explore a variety of communist collectibles, older memorabilia, and cult classics.
- Travel back in time and discover a place filled with retro-memorabilia, from classic cars, over household items, to cosmetic products
- Meet historic personalities such as Leonid Brezhnev and Fidel Castro as wax figures
- Explore the museum at your own pace, on a self-guided tour with your complementary e-guide
- Get an unique e-guide with all info for your convenience
DescriptionMake a trip to the Retro Museum in Varna’s Grand Mall and enjoy a few hours of traveling to the past. Observe displays of every-day items from the period between 1944-1989, and see how Bulgarians used to live under socialism. See simple items such as Bulgarian cigarettes without filters, Russian vacuum cleaners, household from East Germany, or Polish cosmetics. Move on to the shiny car collection of cult-classic such as Volga, Moskvich, Trabant, and more. Admire the perfectly restored vehicles before visiting the museum’s collection of wax figures of great personalities. Get face to face with the likes of Todor Zhivkov, Leonid Brezhnev, and Fidel Castro, but also local people’s favorites Emil Dimitrov, Georgi Partsalev, George Kaloyanchev, Todor Kolev.
IncludesEntrance ticket E-guide
- Children must be accompanied by an adult