My Guide Website?
The Seven Rila Lakes Self Guided Tour from Sofia
This full-day trek to the Rila Mountains is meant for people who would like to walk at a leisurely pace among the nature of the Seven Rila Lakes.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bucharest: Small Group Day Trip to Medieval Bulgaria
- Sofia: Museum of Socialist Art and Buzludzha Monument Tour
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Sofia: Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Day Trip
- Belogradchik: Hot-air Balloon Flight over Belogradchik Rocks
- Enjoy the Bulgarian nature!
- Visit the beautiful lakes in Rila mountains!
- Enjoy this hike by yourself having the freedom to explore the mountains!
DescriptionAfter a transfer of 1.5 hours, you reach the Panichishte resort area, where you will board the chairlift to the Rila Lakes mountain hut. You will reach the foot of the Seven Rila Lakes cirque, housing the famous blue pearls: Babreka (The Kidney), Salzata (The Tear), Okoto (The Eye), Trilistnika (The Trefoil), Bliznaka (The Twin), Ribnoto (The Fish) and Dolnoto (The Lower). You will be able to complete a full trek around all lakes, or you can skip the 2 highest ones and only walk among the remaining 5 lakes. The local tour operator, Traventuria, was awarded a “Business Which Supports Biodiversity” certification by the Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation for its “Tours with a Cause” initiative.
IncludesDetailed route notes and a map of Rila Transfer from Sofia to Panichishte resort and back
- You will be back in Sofia at around 17:00.