My Guide Website?
The 7 Rila Lakes: Full-Day Guided Hike from Plovdiv
Located above the tree line in Rila National Park, the 7 Rila Lakes area is the most popular trekking destination in Bulgaria. Marvel at the outstanding natural beauty of the landscape and these gorgeous glacial lakes on a full-day guided trek.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bucharest: Small Group Day Trip to Medieval Bulgaria
- Sofia: Museum of Socialist Art and Buzludzha Monument Tour
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Sofia: Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Day Trip
- Belogradchik: Hot-air Balloon Flight over Belogradchik Rocks
- Hike in Rila National Park, the most popular trekking destination in Bulgaria
- Marvel at the breathtaking panoramas of glacial lakes and towering mountain peaks
- Enjoy a picnic lunch by the crystal clear waters of one of the lakes
DescriptionSpend an extraordinary day hiking in Rila National Park, as you admire the incredible landscape of glacial lakes and mountain peaks. The Rila Mountains, located within the park, are the highest in Bulgaria and on the Balkan Peninsula. On this full-day outing, you’ll see why the 7 Rila Lakes area is the most popular trekking destination in the Rila Mountains. Drive to the Pionerska hut and take the chair lift to the Rila Lakes hut. From this point you’ll do a loop hike of the 7 Rila Lakes and discover the spectacular beauty of the lakes and the towering peaks. The first lake you’ll come to is The Kidney, followed by The Eye, the deepest lake in Bulgaria. Next is the highest lake, The Tear. At this point you’ll have incredible views of all the lakes, and the Balkan range in the distant background. After a break at the top you’ll continue exploring the rest of these lakes on the way down. Next is the largest lake, The Twins, followed by The Trefoil, The Fish Lake, and then The Lower Lake, which collects water from the other 6 lakes. Your trek ends at the Rila Lakes hut, where you’ll take the chair lift back to the Pionerska hut before heading back to Plovdiv.
IncludesEnglish-speaking driver/guide Round-trip transfers from your hotel or other address in Plovdiv Parking fee
- The trip duration is 11-12 hours, including 5 hours of walking/hiking.