My Guide Website?
Sofia: Spa Nature Tour to the 7 Rila Lakes & Sapareva Bany3 Reviews
Experience a perfect day trip to the beautiful natural wonders of the Seven Rila Lakes and to the Balkan spa capital Sapareva Banya. Have a thermal spa and hiking all in one.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bucharest: Small Group Day Trip to Medieval Bulgaria
- Sofia: Museum of Socialist Art and Buzludzha Monument Tour
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Sofia: Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Day Trip
- Belogradchik: Hot-air Balloon Flight over Belogradchik Rocks
- Hike to the Seven Rila Lakes, each with its own shape or characteristics
- Visit the spa capital on the Balkan Peninsula - Sapareva Banya
- Dive into the hot thermal waters and enjoy the magnificent panoramic views
DescriptionYour day trip will start early in the morning with a pick-up from your hotel. Your professional guide will take you to the the highest mountain on the peninsula, Rila, just 1.5-hours away from the capital Sofia. Then, with the Panichishte resort cable car, you will head to the Seven Rila Lakes Cirque. The hike will take around 3-hours. If you wish to make your walk harder or easier, your guide will be able to adjust the group program accordingly. All seven of the lakes have their own name which reflects its typical shape or characteristics. They are situated between 2,100 and 2,500 meters above sea level. The day trip will continue with a visit to the capital of the thermal spa on the peninsula called Sapareva Banya. There, you will have the unique opportunity to dive into the hot thermal waters and enjoy the magnificent panorama at the outskirts of the mountain. You'll also find the hottest geyser in Europe there. Mineral water is highly regarded and used as a cure by Thracians and Romans. Saparevian mineral water is clear and colorless with a smell of hydrogen sulfide, hyper thermal (temperature 103 °C), hydro carbonate, sulphate sodium, fluorine, silicon and sulfate. Hydrogen sulfide is 15.5 milligrams/ liter. It is claimed that the water treats disorders of the musculoskeletal system, nervous system and upper respiratory tract. After the spa, your guide will take you back to your hotel.
IncludesLocal guide Transport by private vehicle Private tour Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Please bring comfortable hiking shoes, a bathing suit, flip flops and a towel
- In case of bad weather, the hiking can be shortened and will be at the covered spa pool
- The cable cart lift is 10 € and the entrance fee to the spa is 8 € and is not included