My Guide Website?
Sofia: Seven Rila Lakes Snowshoe Walk & Thermal Spring Pools48 Reviews
Experience dramatic landscapes and breathtaking alpine sceneries, centuries old pine forests, rugged mountain peaks and deep relaxation in thermal spas all within a winter day tour from Sofia.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sofia: Kosovo and North Macedonia 2-Day Tour
- From Obzor: Half-Day Black Sea Catamaran Cruise
- Varna Gourmet Tour including Wine Tasting
- From Sofia: Belogradchik Rocks Full-Day Tour
- Bansko: Rare Bulgarian Pets Experience
- Join an easy to moderate snowshoeing tour in the Rila Mountains National Park
- See the stunning Seven Rila Lakes during winter
- Relax in the hot thermal pools at Sapareva Banya Spa Resort
DescriptionDramatic landscapes and breathtaking alpine sceneries, centuries old pine forests and rugged mountain peaks make the Seven Rila Lakes circuit one of the most beautiful areas in the Rila Mountains National Park. Enjoy a gentle snowshoe walk in the picturesque Seven Rila Lakes area followed by relaxation in the thermal water pools of Sapareva Banya Spa Resort, fed by one of the hottest springs in Europe. All this within a day tour from Sofia. Your guide will pick you up early in the morning from your hotel in Sofia for a wonderful journey to the Rila Mountains. You will arrive within 1.5-hours to Pionerska Mountain Hut from where you will take a chairlift to Rila Lakes Hut, situated high above the tree line at 2150 meters above sea level. The walk will begin from the hut in the direction of the Kidney, the third of the Seven Rila Lakes. Along the way, admire breathtaking alpine sceneries of jagged peaks and frozen mountain lakes. After a short break and a cup of warm tea at the lake, you will head toward Rila Lakes Hut and descend via the chairlift to the van and have a short transfer (20 minutes) to Sapareva Banya Spa Resort, where you will be able to relax deeply in the thermal pools fed by hot spring waters.
IncludesPick-up/ drop-off at your hotel All transportation by private vehicle English-speaking certified mountain leader Guidance throughout the tour Snowshoes and walking poles All local taxes
- Walking (snowshoeing) time: approximately 2.5-hours
- Uphill/ downhill: approximately 250 meters