My Guide Website?
Sofia: Full-Day Hiking to Rozhen Monastery & Melnik1 Reviews
On this day trip from Sofia, see Melnik, hike to Rozhen Monastery and visit a local village house.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bucharest: Small Group Day Trip to Medieval Bulgaria
- Sofia: Museum of Socialist Art and Buzludzha Monument Tour
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Sofia: Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Day Trip
- Belogradchik: Hot-air Balloon Flight over Belogradchik Rocks
- Hike through the Melnik sand pyramids
- Sample the unique Bulgarian wine, Wide Melnik Vine
- Visit Rozhen Monastery, the largest Orthodox monastery in the Pirin region
DescriptionThe tour starts from your hotel. From that point, a professional guide with an air-conditioned car will take you on the individual tour. Heading on the motorway, your first stop will be Melnik. The smallest town in Bulgaria, Melnik, is nested in the south slopes of Pirin, among sand pyramids with queer forms. It is situated in the Sandanski Municipality, Blagoevgrad county, 175 kilometers north of Sofia and only 30 kilometers from the borderline with Greece. Antiquities found from archaeological excavations testify to a centuries old history. Melnik was declared a natural and architectural reservation, and it attracts thousands of tourists annually. The wine produced by the unique Bulgarian brand Wide Melnik Vine has a wonderful quality, scents of ripe cherry, herbs and in the presence of an oak, it develops nuances of tobacco and leather. It is one of the attractions of the town and the region, and it attracts many admirers from the whole world. You can sample it in some of the wineries and cellars in the town and the surrounding area. After a stop for lunch in a typical Bulgarian style, you will start the hiking tour to Rozhen Monastery. Rozhen Monastery situated 5 kilometers east from Melnik was recognized as a center of ecclesiastic life in the region. It is also the largest Orthodox monastery in the Pirin region. The monastery is comparatively well preserved to the present day and every year it is visited by many tourists from various countries. The monastery holiday is on 8 September, when people from the whole region gather in order to participate in the celebrations.
IncludesFree pick-up and drop-off A/C car (for tours out of Sofia) Professional guiding service English-speaking licensed guide and driver Parking fees Visit a village house Transportation cost
- Wear comfortable shoes and bring a camera as there will be great places for amazing pictures. Please note that there will be a lot of walking on uneven surfaces