Sofia: 2-Hour Russian Army Jeep Historical Tour4 Reviews
Explore the history of Sofia on board a classic Russian military jeep. On this 2-hour adventure, your local guide will show you all the major highlights of the city while driving you in a legendary Soviet-era jeep.
- See both the highlights and the hidden parts of the city of Sofia
- Ride in an authentic Russian Jeep
- Learn about the history of Bulgaria from your friendly private guide
- Benefit from a pick up and drop-off from your accommodation
DescriptionAfter hotel pick up, hop into an authentic Red Army jeep, with an open roof for the summer and a hard roof and windows for the winter period. Then, drive around the city center of Sofia to discover the best places of interest, and learn about the history behind them. Hear about the history of Sofia and Bulgaria from Ancient times through to Communism, until modern days. Listen to your guide as he shares private stories about life behind the Iron Curtain. Make the most of stops to take photos of the most impressive sights. After cruising through the city center, head to the suburbs to see the typical communist-era neighborhood and a bell's monument, built in a park outside the city. Finally, head back downtown to see the remaining points of interest included in the tour before being dropped off at your hotel.
IncludesHotel pick up and drop-off English-speaking driver Road tax and fuel Meals and drinks Entrance to museums Personal expenses
- Please wear appropriate clothing in accordance with the weather on the day of the tour
- Some vintage vehicles have open roofs during summer; during winter they have fabric roofs but heating could be poor, so please wrap up
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY