My Guide Website?
Private Day Trip to Medieval Bulgaria from Bucharest3 Reviews
This private day trip to Bulgaria is taking you to see the best of Bulgaria in one day. Tour the Ivanovo Rock Churches, the medieval city of Veliko Tarnovo, Tsarevets fortress from 12th century, Samovodene Artisans Street and Arbanassi Village.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Obzor: Half-Day Black Sea Catamaran Cruise
- Belogradchik Rocks and Fortress from Sofia
- From Sofia: Kosovo and North Macedonia 2-Day Tour
- From Sofia: Day Trip to Belogradchik Rocks and Venetsa cave
- Enjoy a private day trip to Bulgaria from Bucharest
- Visit the Ivanovo Rock Churches
- Explore the village of Arbanassi
DescriptionYou start the day by going over the border to Bulgaria, so be sure to have your passport with you. First stop will be at the Ivanovo Rock Churches, a UNESCO world heritage site which is actually carved in the rock and has among the best preserved frescoes. Afterwards you visit Veliko Turnovo, once the capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire and also Tsarevets hill with the remains of the castle and church of the Bulgarian Kings. It dates back to the 12th century. Enjoy a walk on Samovodene Artisans Street packed with workshops of locals were you can find a copper smith, silversmith, an icon painter and many more. Many of the workshops are there for 3-4 generations already. Next stop will be the intriguing village of Arbanassi with an included visit to , so you can get the chance to discover a real interior from from a typical local house. Before setting off for Romania, last visit will be in the small town of Ruse that has a beautiful main square and pedestrian area. Together with your local guide be immersed in the town's charm and learn more about it's history from the Roman times to modernity. Arrive back to your hotel in the evening after a wonderful day filled with great sights, history and friends from Bulgaria.
IncludesEntrance fees Hotel pickup and drop-off Professional guide Bottled water Free Wi-fi in all our vehicles Guaranteed to skip the long lines Transport by modern A/C private vehicle
- Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you are a citizen outside of the EU, please make sure your visa is eligible for multiple entries (border crossings) into Romania