Plovdiv Private Walking Sightseeing Tour
Discover Plovdiv, the second-largest city in Bulgaria. This walking tour includes a visit to the Old Town, the ancient theater and the Roman stadium.
- Explore the oldest living city in Europe and capital of culture
- Learn about the long history of the Old Town
- Discover the Roman theater, Roman stadium and Djumaya Mosque
- Stroll along the main pedestrian street and enjoy its many cafes and shops
DescriptionOn this 3-hour tour you will discover the most impressive sites in Plovdiv. Explore the Old Town, an architectural and historical reserve. This part of town features houses from the National Revival period (18-19th-century) and has an imposing open-air museum situated on the 3 hills of the ancient Trimontium. One of the most remarkable sights of the town, the ancient theater (a well-preserved Roman theater), is located there and is still used for open-air performances. Continue your history lesson at the remains of the Roman theater dating back to the 2nd-century before walking down to the 14th-century Djumaya Mosque. Finally, the tour ends at the main pedestrian commercial street with its many cafes and shops, where you can feel the unique laid-back atmosphere of this spectacular city.
IncludesPrivate Guide Entrance to the Roman theater Personal expenses Lunch
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability