Koprivshtitsa History and Architecture: From Plovdiv
Explore the rich history and fascinating architecture of Koprivshtitsa on this engaging day tour from Plovdiv. Admire the charming town's ethnographical treasures, learn about its role in the April Uprising, and enjoy a lunch by the Topolnitsa River.
- Learn about the town's rich history and pivotal role in the 1876 April Uprising
- Walk along the narrow cobblestone streets and admire the authentic architecture
- Admire the rich ethnographical treasures of the town's many museums
- Dine by the Topolnitsa River in a traditional Bulgarian restaurant
DescriptionVisit the charming town of Koprivshtitsa and explore its fascinating history and authentic 19th-century Bulgarian architecture. Koprivshtitsa was a center of the heroic 1876 April Uprising and the site of the first shot against Ottoman domination. The town still preserves the atmosphere of the 19th-century National Revival period and boasts over 380 architectural monuments from the time, most of which have been restored to their original appearance. Explore the town's architecture and visit one of its many museums to admire the vast collections of ethnographical treasures, including ancient weapons, intricate national costumes and stunning jewelry. The handsome historic town lies atop the Sredna Gora mountains and overlooks the beautiful Topolnitsa River. Enjoy a leisurely lunch by the peaceful waters of Topolnitsa River in the center of Koprivshtitsa and take in the spectacular views of the surrounding Bulgarian countryside before returning to Plovdiv for the night.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide/driver Transfers from/to your hotel in Plovdiv Entrance fee to museums (€3) Food and beverages Gratuity
- Depending on the day and the preferences of the customers, the tour visits between 3 and 5 museums.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability