My Guide Website?
Koprivshtitsa Full-Day Tour - Back to the 19th Century3 Reviews
Explore the best example of Bulgarian 19th-century rural life at the museum town of Koprivshtitsa and stroll down cobblestone streets that whisper with legends. See unique houses and art of the National Revival period.
- Visit 6 of the unique National Revival houses of historic Koprivshtitsa
- Discover collections of ethnographic treasures, old weapons, and National Revival works of art
- See fine fretwork, household weaves and embroidery, national costumes, and typical Bulgarian jewelry
- Immerse yourself in Bulgarian rural life
- Travel back to the 19th century and explore a town at the center of the April Uprising against the Ottomans
DescriptionDiscover the historic town of Koprivshtitsa (Копривщица) on a full-day sightseeing tour from Sofia. Lying on the Topolnitsa River in the Sredna Gora mountains, the unique town was one of the centers of the April Uprising in 1876 and is known for its authentic Bulgarian architecture and folk music festivals. Still preserving the atmosphere of the 19th-century Bulgarian National Revival period, the town is huddled in the mountain folds, 67 miles (111 kilometers) east of Sofia. As you stroll along the cobblestone streets, you will visit 6 of the 383 unique houses and monuments from the period, most restored to their original appearance. You can also opt to take part in the 'Meet the Locals' program, and ride a cart into the forest for a barbecue lunch or dinner, prepared by the clerks from the local church. Taste outstanding homemade food, such as cow and sheep’s milk and yogurt, shopska salad, broiled lamb and many more authentic Bulgarian rustic dishes. Then wash it all down with a glass of local rakia (brаndy).
IncludesTransportation by air-conditioned vehicle English-speaking driver/guide and/or local guide Fuel Parking fees Entrance fees
- Please note that only 3 house museums are open on Monday and Tuesday