Full-Day Koprivshtitsa Tour from Sofia
Discover Bulgaria’s rich culture and history on a full-day excursion to Koprivshtitsa- a town whose architecture shows the typical medieval Bulgarian style.
- Visit 5 of the unique National Revival houses of historic Koprivshtitsa
- See fine fretwork, household weaves and embroidery, national costumes and typical Bulgarian jewelry
- Experience Bulgarian rural life
- Examine collections of ethnographic treasures, old weapons and National Revival works of art
- Travel back to the very center of the April Uprising against the Ottomans in 19th century
DescriptionThe road from Sofia to Koprivshtitsa (around a 2-hour drive) follows the southern foothills of the majestic Balkan mountains, providing spectacular views of its snow-capped alpine peaks. Panoramic pastoral views, coupled with more than numerous colorful Revival-Period houses, make the teeny town of Koprivshtitsa memorable for nature lovers and history enthusiasts alike. Traipse along the narrow cobbled streets for a guided look at some of its most inspirational attractions. Start the walk at the monumental mausoleum, located on Koprivshtitsa’s central square. It was built in memory of those killed during the 1876 April uprising. Venture along to the stunning home of the local merchant Nencho Oslekov. Marvel at its ornately painted facade, and see how a well-off Bulgarian family lived during the 1850s–1900s. Visit the homes of symbolist poet Dimcho Debelyanov, the Karavelov family, and revolutionary leaders Todor Kableshkov and Georgi Benkovski. The tour also includes a stop at the famous Assumption of the Virgin Mary Church. Sample some of the local organic dishes such as stomna kebap.
IncludesTransportation Parking fees English-speaking driver/guide Hotel pick-up and drop-off Food and drinks Personal expenses Entrance fees
- The entrance fee to all the museum houses in Koprivshtitsa is LV 5 (€2.50)
- This tour is not recommended for the disabled or children under 5 years old
- Hotel pick-up available at the price of 5 euro per group one way (should be arranged in advance)
- Hotel drop-off available at the price of 5 euro per group one way (should be arranged in advance)
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY