My Guide Website?
From Sofia: The Valley of the Roses Day Trip1 Reviews
An exciting full day trip revealing the secrets and splendor of Bulgarian rose oil production, the ancient Thracian tomb of Kazanlak and the breathtaking mountainous area of the Freedom monument in Shipka where we will visit the Shipka Memorial church.
- Immerse yourself in the blossom and tender fragrance of the Rose Valley
- See the Kazanluk Thracian Tomb (UNESCO)
- Learn about the technology of the rose oil (and rakia (Bulgarian brandy) as well) production and sample some products
- Visit the iconic Eastern-orthodox memorial temple 'The Birth of Christ'
DescriptionExplore the Valley of the Roses on this exciting day trip from Sofia. Visit a Thracian tomb, admire mountain landscapes and learn all about rose oil production. An early start from Sofia will take you on the picturesque mountain road winding between the Balkan and Sredna Gora mountains. Arrive in Kazanlak in about 3 hours and will visit the famous Thracian tomb dating back to the 4th century BC, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Then continue east to the Ethnographic Complex Damascena, located in the heart of the Valley of Roses, where you will learn why Bulgaria is famous for rose oil production. The next stop is the emblematic Memorial Temple of the Birth of Christ, built between 1885 and 1902 in Russian Moskovite style, a beautifully located Eastern-orthodox architectural jewel.
IncludesEnglish-speaking driver English-speaking local guide throughout the tour Transport in modern vehicle (car/minibus) with air-conditioning
- Wear comfortable shoes suitable to walk on cobbled streets
- The tour is not suitable for disabled people
- Please note that the Damascus Rose blooms for only about 22-25 days, from the second half of May to mid-June. During the rest of the year, unfortunately you will not be able to observe the rose fields in bloom
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Save up to 16.6%
Reserve Your Experience
From BGN 122.04BGN 101.78Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today