My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Snowshoe Hike on Vitosha Mountain10 Reviews
Get back to nature on the Vitosha mountain massif on the outskirts of Sofia and hike through the snow using snowshoes. Benefit from the services of an English-speaking guide and tour leader.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Hike the Vitosha mountain massif using snowshoes
- Get breathtaking views from the oldest nature park in the Balkans
- Experience the beauty of the mountain in the winter
DescriptionExperience the stunning landscapes of the Vitosha mountain massif from a different perspective on a snowshoe hike with an English-speaking guide. Get closer to the enormous domes and peaks of one of the most popular winter destinations in Bulgaria. Take up the challenge of walking on snow at a mountain that emerged as a result of volcanic activity. Shaped by the slow folding of granite rock layers and gradual uplifts, Vitosha is now one of the most frequently visited destinations from Sofia. Marvel at the towering peak of Cherni Vrah ('Black Peak') at the highest point of the massif and more.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off English-speaking guide Snowshoes Trekking poles
- Please be aware, you will be walking in the snow for 4 to 5-hours at a 400m positive altitude gain
- Please note, weather conditions may be harsh