My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Shuttle Tour to Rila Monastery & Boyana Church41 Reviews
Enjoy a day in the mountains by exploring 2 UNESCO sites. Visit Rila Monastery and Boyana Church, UNESCO World Heritage sites. The tour will be in a group with a professional guide in English.
- Spend a day in the mountains by exploring 2 UNESCO sites
- Discover Rila Monastery, the largest Bulgarian monastery complex
- Learn more about the historical sites of Bulgaria
- Visit 13th-century Boyana Church, famous for its frecoes
DescriptionThe tour departs early in the morning in front of Alexander Nevski. Your first stop will be the great UNESCO Boyana Church located on the outskirts of Sofia consisting of three buildings. The eastern church was built in the 10th-century, then enlarged at the beginning of the 13th by Sebastocrator Kaloyan, who ordered a second two-story building to be erected next to it. After exploring it, head to Rila Monastery, where you will admire the impressive architecture, frescoes and learn about the history of the monastery from your guide. During the guided tour in the inner yard and the monastery museum, discover the most precious pieces that are kept from the past and all the facts and stories about the largest Bulgarian monastery complex. After your monastery tour, enjoy about 2.5 hours of free time for food and shopping.
IncludesTrip to Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Transportation with an air-conditoned van Guide or driver (depending on the option you booked)
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately • Please note, women should have their knees and shoulders covered in the monastery
- Boyana Church is closed on January 1, December 24, December 25, December 31, and on the Sunday of the Orthodox Easter. On these days, the tour will visit the monastery only