My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Full-Day Plovdiv Tour including Wine Tasting1 Reviews
Ancient Roman ruins, 18th and 19th-century house museums, a medieval church and Mosque... all this, combined with unique wine from the valley of the Thracian Kings, makes up this tour.
- Explore ancient Roman ruins
- See 18th and 19th century house museums
- Visit a medieval church and Mosque
- Enjoy a unique wine tasting of carefully selected wines from the valley of the Thracian Kings
DescriptionOnce the wealthiest and most important city of the Thrace Valley, today Plovdiv still offers visitors many incredible places and memories. Standing proudly on the banks of Maritsa River, the town will amaze you with its beauty. With every step you make, ancient Phillipopolis and new Plovdiv reveal different pages from its wonderful history. The location of the city is not accidental. Chosen by the founders of Plovdiv, the Thracians, the region is proud of the fantastic wine that has been produced here for centuries. Feel the spirit of Plovdiv and taste its unique wine. The city of Plovdiv, with its museums, historical sites, ancient houses and paved streets, will proudly be the European Capital of Culture in 2019. Your tour begins with pick-up from your accommodation in Sofia at 08:30. After visiting the old town you will continue to a small typical Bulgarian restaurant, where you can stop for an optional lunch on your way to the wine cellar. At around 14:00 you will arrive at the chateau. You will learn the amazing history of the winery before tasting 5 different kinds of fantastic wine. At around 16:30 you will start your journey back to Sofia with wonderful memories of the day.
IncludesTransfer to and from your hotel or accommodation in Sofia Guide in English Parking fees Entrance fee Wine tasting (5 different wines) Meals Tips Personal expenses
- Recommended period: All year round, except Sundays (Winery is closed) Driving time: 4h 30m approx. Walking time: 3h approx Handicap accessible: No Special requirements: comfortable shoes (cobblestone streets) Please note that on Sundays the winery is closed.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now