My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Full-Day Old Town Plovdiv Trip3 Reviews
With this tour, you will have the chance to discover the town of Plovdiv - the oldest existing settlement in Europe. This amazing city merges Thracian, Roman and Bulgarian heritage side by side.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bucharest: Small Group Day Trip to Medieval Bulgaria
- Sofia: Museum of Socialist Art and Buzludzha Monument Tour
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Sofia: Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Day Trip
- Belogradchik: Hot-air Balloon Flight over Belogradchik Rocks
- See the revival Bulgarian houses, the Roman theatre and the Roman stadium
- Walk through the longest pedestrian street in Europe
- Climb to the old Thracian fortress hill from where you can see a magnificent view of the city
DescriptionPlovdiv is the second largest city in Bulgaria, the 5th oldest in the world and the oldest in Europe. It can be reached in just 2-hours from Sofia by car. Its history dates back 6,000 years. In the beginning, the ancient settlement was situated on the natural elevation between the Nebet, Taksim and Dzhambaz hills (the Three Hills). In ancient times, Thracians inhabited the Three Hills and built a fortified settlement – the largest city in Thrace. In the 4th century B.C., Plovdiv was conquered by Phillip of Macedonia. He gave the city one of its many names – Philippopolis and had it surrounded by thick fortified walls. The town hosts the Roman theatre, which was successfully restored and is presently used for performances. You will see traditional Bulgarian houses from the revival period, walk by Roman remains and Thracian mosaics. The Ethnographic Museum, the Museum of Natural History and the Roman stadium are some of the popular museums you will be able to visit in town. Plovdiv will be the European capital of culture in 2019.
IncludesTransportation to Plovdiv by private car/minibus Tour guide in English throughout the whole day (or in other language on request) 3-hour sightseeing program in Plovdiv
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes