My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Day Trip to Belogradchik Rocks and Venetsa cave6 Reviews
Uncover the beauty and uniqueness of the Belogradchik Rocks on a guided day trip from Sofia. See these interesting millions-of-years-old rock formations up close, learning about their historic uses.
- Feel the crunch of stones under your soles as you walk by these enchanting rocks
- Marvel at the vast panoramic views of rolling hills from the Belogradchik Rocks
- Explore the Belogradchik Fortress, which was built during the Roman Empire
- Use your imagination to find the Madonna and the Gorilla shapes in the rocks
- Learn about these historic rock formations from your licensed guide
DescriptionExplore the striking Belogradchik Rocks on a guided day trip from Sofia. Walk among these unique rock formations perched atop a hilly outcrop, enjoying panoramic views of rolling green hills from the top. Learn about how the rocks came to be over 230 million years ago from your licensed guide. Sit back and relax on a return van ride from and to Sofia, enjoying the countryside views along your way. See these rock formations, an exceptional natural phenomenon unique to the Balkans, up close as you follow your guide through the rocky outcrop. Steeped in legends and history, these rocks were created in such a way that they offered a natural fortress with a high defensive potential. Visit the Belogradchik Fortress (at your own expense) to see how these rocks were once used as a natural fortress for many decades. Nominated for the New 7 Wonders of Nature competition, the Belogradchik Rocks were at the top of the list in the category for caves, rock formations, and valleys. If you can handle more experiences, we will visit the Venetsa cave, which is one of the most beautiful caves in Bulgaria
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Licensed guide Transport with van or car
- The travel time from Sofia to Belogradchik is around 3 hours each way
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromBGN 170.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today