My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Buzludzha Monument and the Rose Valley15 Reviews
Explore the iconic UFO-like abandoned building atop the Buzludzha mountain and the lovely Rose Valley on this exciting day trip from Sofia.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Bucharest: Small Group Day Trip to Medieval Bulgaria
- Sofia: Museum of Socialist Art and Buzludzha Monument Tour
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Sofia: Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Day Trip
- Belogradchik: Hot-air Balloon Flight over Belogradchik Rocks
- Explore the astonishing Buzludzha Monument
- Learn about the rose production in Bulgaria
- Visit the lovely Damascena Ethnographic Complex
- Discover the beautiful Shipka Memorial Church
DescriptionJoin us on a guided trip to one of the most iconic communist monuments from the past in Eastern Europe. The UFO-like abandoned building is located on top of Buzludzha peak in the Central Balkan mountains. Today an empty structure stripped of its initial purposes, it has gained many admirers and popularity around the world and is considered a remarkable representation of this part of history. Another highlight of this day trip is the town of Kazanlak - the center of rose oil production in Bulgaria. We will make a short stop at the wonderful Ethnographic Complex of Damascena where you can learn more about the production of the famous Bulgarian rose oil. The tour starts at 7:00 AM at the back of the Alexander Nevski Cathedral. The transfer time is about 3.5 hours per direction and the tour is about 11 hours long. First, we will stop at the Complex of Damascena around 10:30. Then the town of Kazanlak where there will be a short lunch break. We will arrive at the Buzludzha monument around 13:30. Keep in mind that the Buzludzha monument is currently not open for visitors for safety reasons and cannot be seen from the inside. However, the views from the outside are well worth the time. The monument is atop the Buzludzha peak in the Balkan mountains (1.441m) so make sure you bring a jacket and comfortable shoes. The last stop will be at the Shipka memorial church. We leave for Sofia at around 16:00 and are back at the Alexander Nevski Cathedral around 19:30. The tour is offered as well with ONLINE, cloud-based audioguide in different languages (EN, ES, IT, FR, DE, RU). INTERNET required to download and use. The local tour operator, Traventuria, was awarded a “Business Which Supports Biodiversity” certification by the Bulgarian Biodiversity Foundation for its “Tours with a Cause” initiative.
IncludesEnglish-speaking guide Transportation with an AC vehicle All transport and parking taxes
- This tour will take place rain or shine. The entrance fee to the Damascena Ethnographic Complex is around 15 BGN (payable on spot, not included)