My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Bizarre Belogradchik Rocks & Fortress Day Trip
This is a perfect day trip to the bizzare Belogradchik Rock formation and fortress.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- From Sofia: Plovdiv Full-Day Guided Tour
- From Obzor: Half-Day Black Sea Catamaran Cruise
- Belogradchik Rocks and Fortress from Sofia
- From Sofia: Kosovo and North Macedonia 2-Day Tour
- From Sofia: Day Trip to Belogradchik Rocks and Venetsa cave
- Explore the beauty of the Belogradchik Rocks
- Get the chance to explore hundreds of caves
- Enjoy a perfect day in the Balkan Mountains of Bulgaria
DescriptionThe western slopes of the Balkan Mountains in Bulgaria are home to a bizarre rock formation which has fascinated and intrigued both locals and visitors alike for thousands of years. Often reaching several hundred meters in height, they vary in shade, as do the many legends which surround them. What makes the place even more interesting is the location of a fortress set within the rock formation. The Belogradchik Rocks form a 3 kilometer wide and 30 kilometer long strip, and the rock formations reach some 200 meters in height. They were formed at the bottom of a sea as the product of compression some 230 million years ago and then through erosion over the last 45 million years. The rocks, made largely of limestone, also hold hundreds of caves. Each one comes with a story and each rock formation bears a name such as Adam and Eve, the Schoolgirl, the Bear, the Shepherd boy, the Dervish, the First Slabstone, the Camel, the Mushrooms, the Cuckoo, the Red Wall, the Madonna, the Horseman, the Monks, the Mental Stone, Rebel Velko, the Pine Stone and so on. Your trip will start in the morning from your hotel. Your professional guide will pick you up and later drop you off by car and in the afternoon.
IncludesProfessional driver/guide Pick up and drop-off at your hotel by an A/C car Visit to the Belogradchik Rocks and Fortress
- Children under 5-years-old are free of charge