My Guide Website?
From Sofia: Bachkovo Monastery and Plovdiv Day Trip
Combine a visit to Bachkovo Monastery and Plovdiv in one day on this day trip from Sofia. Enjoy a scenic drive through mountains, visit a centuries-old monastery, and wander through the cobbled streets of Plovdiv's old town.
- Marvel at the centuries-old frescoes of the Bachkovo Monastery
- Drive through a scenic road in the Rodope Mountains
- Step in a 20 centuries-old Roman theater
- Admire a beautiful panoramic view of central Plovdiv
- Be charmed by the beautiful houses in the old town of Plovdiv
DescriptionVisit the Eastern Orthodox monastery of Bachkovo and admire its ancient frescos, valuable icons, and scenic courtyard. Afterward, head to Plovdiv and tour its old town. Meander through cobbled streets and be inspired by the city's architecture ranging from Antiquity to Bulgarian revivalism. Your day trip begins with a pickup from your hotel with a suggested departure time between 9:00 AM and 10:00 AM. Depart for Bachkovo Monastery. The drive is around 2 hours and 15 minutes and takes you on a scenic drive through the Rhodope Mountains. Arrive at the monastery and spend time touring its grounds. Afterward, head to Plovdiv. The drive takes around 30 minutes. Stop for lunch in a traditional restaurant (subject to your decision) and then visit the old town of Plovdiv. Enjoy spending free time exploring Plovdiv and seeing its stunning architecture and stopping by its Roman theater. Conclude your day trip with a drive back to Sofia, taking approximately 1 hour and 45 minutes.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation Wifi onboard Guide Entrance fee to the Roman theater in Plovdiv
- You will walk on cobblestone streets in the old town of Plovdiv and will climb a few steep streets