My Guide Website?
From Sofia: 7 Rila Lakes and Rila Monastery Self-Guided Trip412 Reviews
Explore the most famous natural and cultural sites of Bulgaria on a self-guided trip to the 7 Rila Lakes and UNESCO World Heritage Site of Rila Monastery in Rila National Park.
- Get back to nature at the 7 Rila Lakes
- Explore the 10th-century Rila Monastery at your own pace
- Benefit from a convenient round-trip transfer from Sofia city center
DescriptionDepart Sofia in the morning and travel by shuttle bus with a friendly English-speaking driver. Journey in air-conditioned comfort to Panichishte in the beautiful Rila National Park. Get briefed on arrival by your driver, who will tell you the different options and routes you can take up the mountain. Ride the chairlift to the 7 Rila Lakes, where you will get 5 hours of free time to go on some amazing nature walks independently to experience the glacial lakes from different perspectives. Board the shuttle bus at the agreed meeting point and relax on the 2-hour drive to Rila Monastery in a deep valley of the Rilska River. Founded in the 10th century, the monastery complex is regarded as one of Bulgaria's most important cultural and historical monuments. Get 1.5 hours to explore the largest Eastern Orthodox monastery in Bulgaria at your own pace. Then, return to Sofia in the evening and get dropped off at the meeting point.
IncludesRound-trip shared transfer Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Licensed driver
- This trip involves a moderate to intensive amount of walking. Hiking experience is essential
- The ticket for the 7 Rila Lakes chairlift costs 25 Leva per person, roundtrip and is payable in cash, onsite (no credit cards accepted)
- Entry fee for the optional visit to Rila Monastery History Museum is 8 Leva per person, payable in cash, onsite (no credit cards accepted)
- This trip operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- High heels, short skirts and trousers, and shirts with no sleeves are not permitted to enter Rila Monastery
- Child/baby seats have to be requested in advance, at least 24 hours before travel date
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromBGN 99.68Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today