From Sofia: 7 Rila Lakes and Rila Monastery Self-Guided Trip151 Reviews
Visit the most famous natural and cultural sites of Bulgaria on a self-guided trip to the 7 Rila Lakes and UNESCO World Heritage Site of Rila Monastery in Rila National Park. Benefit from round-trip transportation from Sofia city center.
- Get back to nature at the 7 Rila Lakes
- Explore the 10th-century Rila Monastery at your own pace
- Benefit from a convenient round-trip transfer from Sofia city center
DescriptionDepart Sofia in the morning and travel by shuttle bus with a friendly English-speaking driver. Journey in air-conditioned comfort to Panichishte in the beautiful Rila National Park. Get briefed on arrival by your driver, who will tell you the different options and routes you can take up the mountain. Ride the chairlift to the 7 Rila Lakes, where you will get 5 hours of free time to go on some amazing nature walks independently to experience the glacial lakes from different perspectives. Board the shuttle bus at the agreed meeting point and relax on the 2-hour drive to Rila Monastery in a deep valley of the Rilska River. Founded in the 10th century, the monastery complex is regarded as one of Bulgaria's most important cultural and historical monuments. Get 1.5 hours to explore the largest Eastern Orthodox monastery in Bulgaria at your own pace. Then, return to Sofia in the evening and get dropped off at the meeting point.
IncludesRound-trip shared transfer Transportation by air-conditioned minivan Licensed driver Ticket for the 7 Rila Lakes chairlift (BGN 10 per person, 1 way) Optional gratuities Food and drinks Guide services
- This trip involves a moderate to intensive amount of walking. Hiking experience is essential
- Wear comfortable walking shoes and clothes suitable for mountain walking
- Sunscreen and sunglasses are strongly recommended
- This trip operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- High heels, short skirts and trousers and shirts with no sleeves are not permitted to enter Rila Monastery
- Child/baby seats have to be requested in advance, at least 24 hours before travel date
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability