My Guide Website?
From Bucharest: Guided Day Trip to Ruse, Bulgaria40 Reviews
Experience Ruse's elegance and charm on a tour of its most spectacular historical monuments, departing from Bucharest. Discover the rich cultural heritage of this captivating Bulgarian city.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Delight your taste buds with the traditional flavors of Bulgarian cuisine
- Explore Ruse's main streets and visit the Regional Museum of History
- Admire the architecture of the Holy Trinity Church, the oldest one in Ruse
- Discover the Roman Fortress of Sexaginta Prista and learn about local history
- Enjoy stunning views of the Danube River as you take a relaxing stroll
DescriptionStart the day with pickup from your accommodation in Bucharest. After a short meet and greet, you will head off on your journey and see what this city has to offer. On your tour, see the lasting effects of the 19th-century, a prosperous time for the city that helped create its nickname - 'Little Vienna'. Throughout the day you will get to admire the charm of imposing belle epoque architecture, a style totally unique to this part of the country. Your guide will introduce you to the main highlights of the city, starting at Svoboda Square - from here you will spread out throughout the city. Visit the neo-baroque Profit-Yielding Building. Built in the 19th-century by Viennese architects, it is the home of dramatic theater in Ruse. Nowadays, it also houses a few restaurants, within which, you will get to stop for a typical lunch and dine the way the locals do. During your tour you will get to marvel at dozens of buildings with European heritage. You will get to see how the city combines several architectural styles, whilst making them harmonious at the same time. You will get to stop near the Girdap - the first privately owned bank in the country, the Opera House, School of Music, Hotel Plaza Charlino, Regional Library Building and more. Follow this up with a visit to the oldest church of Ruse - Holy Trinity Church and the Ruse Historical Museum. In the Museum, Bulgaria's rich history and traditions will reveal themselves to you during your informative visit of the premises. The tour will end with a relaxing walk near the majestic Danube River. The river not only gives the city its’ romantic look but also defines Ruse as a significant transport, logistics, business and cultural center of Bulgaria. You can enjoy a breathtaking panorama before departing back to Bucharest full of exceptional memories.
IncludesHotel pickup and drop-off Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle Tour guide
- • A minimum of 3 participants is required to organize the tour • The local operator is not responsible for any delays caused by traffic or any other unpredictable conditions
- Please ensure you are physically capable of walking around 4 to 5 hours