My Guide Website?
From Bansko: Rila Monastery Half-Day Tour
See one of Bulgaria's UNESCO World Heritage sites on an exciting minivan tour from Bansko. Explore the Rila Monastery and breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains.
- See the spectacular mountain views
- Be amazed by the incredible art and architecture at Rila Monastery
- Travel in comfort through the Bulgarian countryside
DescriptionMeet your driver in Bansko and board the air-conditioned vehicle to travel to Rila Monastery. Relax during the 1.5-hour drive as you admire the beautiful Bulgarian landscape. Arrive at the monastery at approximately 3 PM, giving you plenty of time to explore the complex inside and out. Admire its balconies and discover unique frescoes by one of the most famous painters of the Bulgarian National Revival period. See gilded iconostasis and enjoy the fabulous mountain views. Stop at one of the 2 restaurants in the complex to have something to eat or drink. Take the opportunity to discover more at the museum, or purchase souvenir icons and other items in the nearby shops. The departure time from Rila Monastery will be between 5 and 5:30 PM. At the end of the tour, your driver will drop you off at your accommodation in Bansko.
Includes5.5-hour tour English-speaking driver Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle Hotel drop-off Rila Monastery museum entrance fee Food and drinks Gratuities
- • The monastery is a functioning Orthodox temple. A strict dress code is imposed and should be respected. Men and women should wear clothes covering their shoulders. Women should not wear short shorts or skirts.
- Taking photos in the courtyard and of the frescoes on the outer fresco gallery of the main church of Rila Monastery is allowed. • Taking photos inside the main church, the residential parts and the museum is NOT permitted.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Reserve Your Experience
Instant Booking ConfirmationBook Now