My Guide Website?
Discover Bulgaria Full-Day Guided Tour from Bucharest9 Reviews
On this day trip from Bucharest you’ll visit the most interesting cities and historical sites in Bulgaria. Marvel at the rock-hewn churches of Ivanovo, explore the country’s most beautiful city, Veliko Tarnovo, and enjoy a walk through medieval Arbanassi.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Bulgaria:If youʻre booking your trip to Bulgaria last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Take in views of the Danube, Europe’s second-longest river
- Discover the remote rock-hewn Ivanovo churches
- Explore Veliko Tarnovo, the most beautiful city in Bulgaria
- Visit the quaint medieval village of Arbanassi
DescriptionYou’ll depart Bucharest at 08:00 for a drive across the Danube River on this full-day excursion to Bulgaria. The Danube is the second-longest river in Europe, and the King of all Rivers, according to Napoleon. After passing the city of Ruse you’ll come to a remote area that’s home to the Ivanovo churches. Part of the UNESCO since 1979, the rock-hewn churches feature stunning frescos dating to the 13th and 14th centuries. The churches are located in the beautiful valley of the Rusenski Lom River. The tour continues on to Bulgaria’s most beautiful city, Veliko Tarnovo, also known also as the City of the Tsars. Located on the banks of the Yantra River, Veliko Tarnovo was the capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire, and was one of the strongest fortifications in the area. In the old town, the fortress is the most impressive attraction. Walk along the streets of the old town and the alleyways of the Tsarevets Palace. Visit the former patriarchal church, rebuilt in modern times, admire other examples of the period’s architecture, and take in the panoramic views. Arbanassi, quite near Veliko Tarnovo, is a small, quaint village with a medieval atmosphere. Enjoy a stroll along its centuries-old streets and admire the beautiful houses.
IncludesHotel pick-up and drop off Transportation by late-model car, minibus, or coach Professional English-speaking travel assistant
- It is important to remember that you will be leaving Romania and entering Bulgaria on this tour. You must carry your passport and be sure that your visa requirements are in order. Please note that Ivanovo churches are closed during the winter season between 1 December and 31 March. During this period, you will be able to visit the Roman ruins from Nicopolis Ad Istrum or the Basarbovski Rock Monastery.