My Guide Website?
Boyana Church & Rila Monastery Full-Day Private Tour10 Reviews
Enjoy a day in the mountains by exploring two UNESCO sites; Rila Monastery and Boyana Church. The tour will be private only for you or your group so you can listen closely, ask questions and get the most out of it.
- Enjoy a private tour in the beautiful mountains
- Get away from the hustle and bustle
- Have a great day exploring
- Learn more about Bulgarian historical places
- See some unforgetable places
DescriptionThe tour departs early in the morning and heads to the tranquil hearth of Rila Mountains where you can admire the impressive Rila Monastery (UNESCO). Its architecture and frescoes present the apogee of Bulgarian Renaissance art. During the guided tour in the inner yard and the monastery museum, you will discover the most treasured monuments and learn the most fascinating facts and stories about the biggest Bulgarian monastery complex. The first stop will be at the Rilla monastery and the museum, so you can fully explore the history and see what it was in the past. After the museum you will have the chance to explore more about the complex and then visit the surrounding mountain around the monastery. There will be sufficient time to stop and have lunch by the side of the river in one of the greatest restaurants on the side of the road back to Sofia. There you will have the chance to taste some great Bulgarian cuisine.You will also have free time to buy souvenirs, take some photos and then continue on to the tour. After visiting Rila mountains, you will go back to Sofia and on the way stop at Boyana church. Part of the UNESCO heritage area, it's located deep in the Vitosha mountain near Sofia. Located on the outskirts of Sofia, Boyana Church consists of three buildings. The eastern church was built in the 10th century, then enlarged at the beginning of the 13th century by Sebastocrator Kaloyan, who ordered a second two storey building to be erected next to it. The frescoes in this second church, painted in 1259, make it one of the most important collections of medieval paintings. The ensemble is completed by a third church, built at the beginning of the 19th century. This site is one of the most complete and perfectly preserved monuments of east European medieval art.
IncludesPick-up from your hotel Drop off at your hotel Personal guide just for you or your group Wi-Fi available
- Bring comfortable shoes and a camera, as there will be great places for amazing pictures
- Please note, women should have their knees and shoulders covered in the monastery
- Boyana Church is closed on January 1, December 24, December 25, December 31, and on the Sunday of the Orthodox Easter. On these days, the tour will visit the monastery only
- Lunch is not included and food will not be provided
- Entrance tickets (Boyana Church BGN 10 / €5, Rila Monastery Museum & Monk Room BGN 9 / €4), tips and personal expenses are not included
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFromBGN 223.73Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today